Possible Predicament

Guest Mr Pid

Guest Mr Pid

Just managed to speak to someone at DLVA with half a brain and they said that if i wasnt using the original engine from the donor car i will not satisfy the 90% built up inspection and therefore will be allocated a "Q". :o

Along with the IRS from the sierra i basically have no chance of getting an age related plate. :huh:

The only option i have if i want an age related plate is to change the engine yet again and buy another sierra, this will put getting it on the road back by about a year, as im not oging to get it done by winter and im not driving it then- i wont survive until spring. :boohoo:

So basically i think im completely F****D!!! :gdit:

I guess i am going to have to watch as the value of the car plumets overnight due to stupid red tape regulations and the fruits of my 2 1/2 years labour are wasted!

Think i might sell it after all and give someone else the grief, either that or im gonna end up killing someone at the DVLA.

Guest Mr Pid

Just another thought-

What do the Soup Spec boys do about registering, as most of the car is built for them with little bits and bobs left over, i take it this qualifies as a new car and is given a new reg?

Stu

Mr Pid, if you can fork out for another donor sierra, even a wreck then you can use the V5 from that. Register it in your name. Save vin plate any bills etc so you can prove its your donor. Officialy 'fit' the engine that is in the Hood to the new donor and register the change of engine with DVLA. You should then be in legal posession of a V5 with the correct engine number in it. The other donor bits on the hood are unidentifiable except that they are obviously ex-sierra so when it comes to the inspection you will be single donor and avoid a Q. Miracle?

Nigel

Guest Mr Pid

Ahh good man!

Some rational thinking!

Now i have another question - if i only used the rear axle from a different car do you think that all the other bits used of the original donor, including engine will satisfy the 90% inspection criteria.

(Im thinking that i could "officially" fit the engine into the cortina (as i already have the V5) and then claim that the only non donor part i used was the IRS and still get an old J-plate)

By the way everyone- a tad off topic but relevant none the less, the DVLA are introducing new V5's in July 2005 and the current ones will be invalid so you have to apply to get a new one or getting tax & stuff might prove alot of effort!

(yes this was the only piece of really useful information i got out of the DVLA :boohoo: )

Cheers

Stu

Guest TerryBarry

I think that it is earlier than that.

If you haven't had a new style one issued by May 2005 - you have to contact them :wacko:

Dates for your diary and a brief outline are given here

NEW RULES

Terry

Guest Mr Pid

Well obviously they have to spend all the extra money they get from road tax on something so i guess this is the new way of wasting it!!

On the subject of road tax, i think its dumb that we get cained on the engine size. I mean lorries pay a fortune because they weigh quite literally tons, and motorbikes hardly anything as they do not wear the roads down half as much!

Why should we in our little, lightweight kit cars be penalised due to what engine we fit-its ridiculous, before we know it road tax is going to be more than our insurance!!

(Rant over!)

Just found out that my Cortina has IRS.

Now i have just found Granny that is going for fifty bucks!! although that is on a j to but a new j which means road tax!! :boohoo:

Stu

Guest chris brown

Road tax £165 insurance £128 stupid isn’t it! :angry: Put the tax on fuel much better as most of us have an other car and our combined mileage is no more than average single car owner so why should we have to pay twice? :gdit:

Guest rizla
:huh: i did a post on the new v5 in january,i got one of these when i changed the taxation class on the tin top that was given to me,the reason for the new v5 is to do with european legislation,it holds alot more info and is 4 pages big(booklet style) good reading though

Chris

Road tax £165 insurance £128 stupid isn’t it!

I think you may get a shock at your next ins renewal,I assume your

insured through Roadsure,.......anyway they have had to hike their premiums

due to some expensive claims.

Yesterday I insured with Roadsure,full comp 5k miles,the car is garaged

I have full no claims no accidents, one sp30 fixed penalty,and I'm 45

premium £193.36!!!!!!!!!,including RAC cover.

Cheers Ian

Guest ian luxford

not one to kick a man when he has just got up but....

would the age plate mean you get the free road tax??? my exmo is shown on the V5 as 2 years old wouldnt they use that as the age for tax?