Longer Sierra Wheel Studs

speedtripledan

Guest loopyonion

Try a grayston product dealer, will be £1.25 ish per stud by memory. I'm not sure if you can deal with them direct, but would be worth a try.

Guest loopyonion

Some vehicles can have the studs changed in situ. We used to do this on the cossies when owners have mangled the studs.

There is one position when the hub is rotated that the old stud can be knocked through, and the new can be installed.

To fit the new studs, as long as the knurled part is the same diameter, my method is to pull the new stud into place. By placing the new stud in it's hole, copperslipping the threads, and tightening a new nut onto a spacer or a number of washers. This pulls the new stud in true. Never use old studs, as the knurled area gets mangled and worn on an install.

Guest chris brown
Some vehicles can have the studs changed in situ. We used to do this on the cossies when owners have mangled the studs.

There is one position when the hub is rotated that the old stud can be knocked through, and the new can be installed.

To fit the new studs, as long as the knurled part is the same diameter, my method is to pull the new stud into place. By placing the new stud in it's hole, copperslipping the threads, and tightening a new nut onto a spacer or a number of washers. This pulls the new stud in true. Never use old studs, as the knurled area gets mangled and worn on an install.

Don’t forget to check wheel nuts for correct torque at least weekly until they have bedded in fully as you will not get them fully seated without over stressing them in the first place.

Guest loopyonion

Nice one Chris, did forget to mention that nugget of information. Suprising how a mind numbing trip to Asda jogs the memory! I did come back to edit my post lol ;)

Guest mower man

Most GOOD tyre companies usualy hold stock or can locate wheel studs quite quickly, if you talk to them nicely this also includes wheel nuts aswell HTH mower man

Guest The Modfather

I got mine off Ebay for £1.50 each, they were 63mm long. This is a bit too long, but luckily I have through nuts on my new wheels.

Knocked out the old ones, and knocked the new ones back in, easy. Just remember to check tightness regularly as stated.