The Rhe Competition Offer

Guest Daz

I have just read the item in the News page on the RHE offer of prizes for most original car in the spirit of single donor + kit = Robin Hood. I, for one, have a mixture of parts. Ok, most of the major mechanical bits are from my single donor Sierra, but I have also got:

radiator, wipers, heater and fuel tank from a Mini

washer bottle from a Fiesta

radiator overflow bottle from a Saab (or something)

heater water valve from a Celica

So the question is, has anyone actually finished a Robin Hood by sticking to that maxim of a single donor? Has RHE issued this offer knowing full well that there isn't a single Hood out there that qualifies for a prize??!!

:D ;)

Daz

Guest Angel Boy

Nope :p although thinking about it I think I only have a Mini wiper system in place *runs out to garage to try and make car ready for Stoneleigh*

To be fair though it will be the car closest to the conept of "one kit+one donor" I would have thought.

It must be a good thing to get RHE involved with the club and get them involved in this type of event. If you look at the owners stands at most of the shows the RHOCAR one always has people stood around it talking to either current/past or future owners.

Future builders will always take a look cars which have been built before hand to get some ideas, I know I did.

Well done to "the management" for getting Richard and Gina to sponsor this, lets hope they get more involved.

Andy

I think it's great that RH is now taking an interest in the club, and by supporting us with these prizes, well done the new committee.

My car is one of those that is probably as far away from the "one donor + kit" as you can get, but I applaude his choice of qualification, after all, that is what he sells the kit on.

I would guess that there will be a list of parts (that are usually changed!) that will be 'ticked off' to see what is still original.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mickmellors

To Daz - Your car is a credit to your toils and you should certainly be there showing it off at Stoneleigh - If only you hadn't brought all those non standard details to the attention of the Judges ! - - Only Joking - Andy is spot on with his reply to you - the winners will be those who have turned the Doner + Kit into a thing of beauty - a wiper from a mini will certainly not disqualify anyone ! So go and put it back on Andy !

To Andy and Jim - Thanks for your praise of the 'management' - we must make it very clear,though, to one and all - Richard and Gina made their very generous offer to donate the prizes to the Club completely out of the blue - we simply got an e-mail from them and could not believe what we were reading ! - We as a Committee, on behalf of the Members of RHOCaR are most definitely working hard to forge a healthy but professionally distant relationship with 'The Factory' (Richard would prefer it that way - at least for now) and it would be nice to think that this amazing offer has come about because of our efforts in that direction, but the offer is purely from Richard and Gina - the Club have asked for nothing. This, to me makes the offer even more amazing.

To Stuart (Mr Pid) I would imagine 5 donors would give you 5 chances of winning but how will you drive them all to Stoneleigh ?

Come and look us up on the Club Stand at 12:00 and 2:00 both show days - Prize winners announced at approx 2:15 Monday at the Club Area

See you all there

Best wishes

Mick M

I am impressed with the gesture of RHE but slightly puzzled....

They are offering a prize to the car that srongly follows the kit+donor route....

and then offer after market alloys and fat tyres!!

Is this to ensure that the same car won't win again!! ha ha

No really...excellent prizes...See you all @ Stoneleigh (If my damn wipers will turn off!!!! They are stuck on at the moment and I have no time to fix them!!)

Paul

Now I'm in a bit of a dilemma, do I leave my alloys on or take them off and put the sierra wheels back on to make the car more sierra based. ;)

Paul,

just an idea, take the wiper arms off the spindles so you don't look stupid driving the car when it's not raining, then if it should rain just pop them back on again, sorted. :lol:

Les