Non Starter

ronboyracer

My s7 refuses to fire.Prior to winterizing,in December,the car was running ok, then for no reason refused to fire, did the winterizing, after three months removed covers on the car, still wouldnt start.Did the simple checks, spark, coil ok ,petrol flowing ok,still no go.The carbs are dcoe 40, took the top covers off and there is fuel inside but when the throttle is operated you cant hear the usual spurt of fuel, and when the plugs are taken out they arent covered in petrol,injeced petrol into the plug holes still wouldnt fire

ronboyracer.

ongoing post

Edited by compo

Guest Noddy006

Hi Compo

Sounds odd, if you have a good spark at the plug (i.e. Can you see a good spark)then if you have got petrol in the bore it should at least bang now and then. If it doesn't then guess you are looking at fuel (possible block) or is it possible timing has changed although I would have thought if timing is out it should at least fire occasionally. Have you checked fuel is it being pumped enough or have you got blocked jets? Best of luck. Ian H

Guest neal@cmtelecom.info

have you put new fuel in

as i once had a problem with old fuel but mine had been left for over a year

i had a similar problem on mine. i had spark, fuel and the ignition timing was right but wouldnt fire.

after trying a few different carbs and putting new fuel in it turned out to be the points that weren't gapped right.

if yours is electronic ignition then i don't know. have a look at the little mesh filters in the carbs, maybe they're blocked

Thanks