Pedal Box

garethbowers

Hi, i have fitted an OBP floor mounted pedal box and i seem to be getting a far whack of movement on the firewall when i press the brakes, so much so that it makes the brakes feel spongy?

Any ideas on how to stop this/ strengthen it? I have also bolted it to the floor too.

Gareth

Hi Gareth

I don't know if you have a 2B but I have the same box with cable clutch / accelerator and 0.7 and 0.75 master cylinders.

Firstly I have bolted a 5mm piece of plate through the side chassis rail right up across the floor and then bolted the box to this.

Then I got some bar to go from the floor on the tunnel side to the cross member that supported the old pedal box.

Finally, you can rivet the bar to the steel clutch housing tunnel for added rigidity.

That Momma aint going anywhere!

It is easier if you have removed the cross member to fit the water housing and rewelded it back up closer to the scuttle to get a better angle for the support.

Guest doddy

i have 40mm angle going across for my seat mounts and from that i have 2 20mm angle going from the drivers seat base to the pedel box under the foor and the perdel box bolts to that seems very sturdy now

102_2133.jpg

102_2134.jpg

aghh i see now mate cheers for that so i basically just strengthen the floor? Ive adjusted all my pedal box tonight, Does you know about them at all? Not sure if ive done it right or not. Is the front master cylinder meant to be closest to the clutch? what i am finding is that the rear cylinder travels more than the front too is this right? There is a pic below of the cylinders and my setup.

what i am finding is that the rear cylinder travels more than the front too is this right? Ive got .75 front and .7 rear. with a 6.25 hydraulic clutch.

Does anyone know how the remote servos work/digram on a dual master setup?

Thought id post a few more build pics too. Ive fitted a gte 16v digi dash to my type 9 and made a better manifold for the Blackbird boddies.

Also i had some good news today. Took car in again to be mapped and setup properly. Goes to show that mega squirt and vauxhalls go well together.

Managed to make 166bhp and 371 lb ft at the wheels im as happy as a pig in doo doo. gotta say god shes quick off the mark.

Dynographrh.jpg

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp77/looneyfitter/car%20pics/Dynographrh.jpg

elliebathrromkitdigidash014.jpg

elliebathrromkitdigidash015.jpg

elliebathrromkitdigidash016.jpg

elliebathrromkitdigidash017.jpg

elliebathrromkitdigidash018.jpg

elliebathrromkitdigidash019.jpg

Thanks for the replies gareth

Guest bill brown

hi gareth,i,ve been having trouble pedalbox..i,mconverting to hydrolic to make my super spec easyier to control.i might of passed you the other day in halewood?i was in the blue silver...i,m getting a garage to sort mine..work commitments..but if i can help in anyway call 0151 4865741.its good to know not all kit owners live down south...

cheers.billy b.