Suspension

Guest chris

:D Finally got my S7 back from Jigtec at the weekend and thought that I would share with you my experience of the first road test after amongst other things

having the suspension modded.The car now has Gaz adjustable shocks for all four corners and have done away with the anti roll bar and sierra rear spring /shocker set up...... The diference in handling is amazing, the front end now remains very steady and no longer gets twitchy at speed and front end grip is greatly inproved,for the first time I can actually see the front suspension working the way its supposed to rather than being very harsh and rigid.The rear end now absorbs a lot of the bumps in the road and allows tyres to grip the tarmac far better than they ever did before,I also had the camber adjusted with shims and I think this helps a lot as well.I did not have enough time to test the car as much as I would have liked last weekend so look forward to the next club meet to stretch her legs on a longer run

regards chris

:D glad your pleased chris,when i spoke to bob at rs jigtec he said he took it for a spin and said to me he was very pleased with the handling of your car.

after reading your post on the wish bone top bolts,guess wot im having the same suspention as you now :D :p

Jez, S7 mk1

Pics to follow,have taken some but cant find the bl@@dy lead to hook up to pc.

Coil overs go in the same place as the shocks were originally ,seems to be a plate welded in to lower the top mounting/location point for shock and of course large suspension springs are now removed. When I find the lead Ill post some pics if they are of good enough quality .

hope this helps for now

regards chris

ps are you going to Detling?If so more than welcome to have a look