Old Posts

Redspec

How do you find your old posts, I was looking for a topic that I had posted on in the past but when I tried to find it the board only listed my last 200 posts?

I then tried to look at the past posts of another member that I new was involved in the topic (he has 149 posts to his name) it only listed 59 posts of his?

I found the topic after 3 searches (to get the key words to match with it)

Is it just me, or are we going to lose all this history, Because I like to search members past posts to get info and follow progress.

If we can only find old posts by getting the key words correct in a search can I have the old board back please.

I hope all I have to do is change a setting or press another button if so pleeeeeeease tell me what to do.

Steve

I didn't realise there was a limit in place, and it is 200 which I've increased to 500. Some may say that if you search and it's not in teh top 200 then you need a better search :) but I fully understand your point. Maybe click the "Advanced" search and use the "Author" and "Keywords" part, I jsut test that and found some of my old posts from 2003.

Thanks for that but I have just tried to find the old posts for 'dred' (early superspec so he got most problems first)

Went to members, found him, selected find posts, result 33 (should be over 1000)

Went to search, selected members name dred, result 0

I don't want to have to use key words all the time because it can pull in lots of posts that are of no use and miss something that you were looking for just because you did not choose the right words :(

Steve

It's Dredd, not Dred :), and the Topic/Posts is set to the last 365 days, I've upped it to 10 years :)

Thanks Mat

But as it say's in members - name starts with, and in search it gives you the member to click on the last 'd' did not make any difference. :)

Thanks again, off to find some old posts

Steve