Bonnet To Roll Bar Gap

megadodo

I have finally got to the stage of bonnet fitting, looks a bit more car like now but I have a question for all you 2Bers. What gap do people have between the dash roll bar and the bonnet, from the videos and for support of the flexible bonnet I expected there to be no or a very small gap but I have at least 2 inches. There was also no need for the bonnet bulge as the bonnet clears the injection manifold with room to spare? Have I got a very tall bonnet or is this normal? Thanks in advance.

Guest chris brown

Mine also is about 2" I made the dash out of MDF and set it hard up against the underside of the bonnet which I cut and fixed so as to have a fixed scuttle.

The gap's around 25mm on mine ( nice build consistancy - not) so I'll be needing some packers too. My scuttle is also fixed but even with a couple of temporary packers it all seems pretty rigid, which is probably just as well as it's going to have to support the back edge of the bonnet which most definitely isn't very rigid.

Guest peter2b2002

on my 2b the bonnet touches the cross bar behind the dash, you can either chop the manifold or cut a hole (my efi came with an efi bonnet when I got the kit)

peter2b

Guest old_timbo

I've just changed the bonnet during a fixed scuttle conversion. My original was about 12mm above the cross member, but the new one is over 60mm clear, so a big difference. The upside is greater clearance over the air filter and I recon I will just about be able to get a std injection manifold underneath. Downside is the profile is much rounder at the sides so that the bottom of the windscreen frame which was a poor fit on the orignal scuttle, is now dreadful, and I will have to make up some sort of fillet to cover the gaps. Really needs a completely different shape of windscreen. I bought my new bonnet off RHSC just as they went bust so I wondered if it was something experimental that they had hanging around. Its taken me a while to get round to fitting it and never noticed the difference before.

So I need to make a new dashboard..........which will kick-off an interior retrim.....here we go again.

Tim