Max Revs

Guest chris

Guest chris

I am running a 2ltr pinto with standard bottom end with stage 2 head with FR32 cam and 38 dgas.My question is ,what would be the maximun revs I could go to before trashing the engine?I dont want to over rev the engine and mess it up now that its running sweet and had thought of fitting some sort of rev limiter/light to protect the engine from my heavy right foot,failing that even putting a red line on the revcounter might give me some idea how far I can push it before self destruction occurs

regards chris

Guest ian luxford

can someone give me a rough guide what speed that is in each gear? after years of driving diesels i have forgotten how much you can do in petrol

thanks

Guest Russler

that depends on what diff you have got, but as a rough idea using something like a 3.7

1st @7000 34mph

2nd @7000 63mph

3rd @7000 90mph

4th @7000 124mph

5th @7000 150mph

however I wouldn't take this as gospel in reality you get factors such as drag occuring significantly at speeds over 60mph so I wouldn't go telling everyone your car will do 150mph.