2b Front Suspension

Guest Botbuilder

Guest Botbuilder

I've been playing around today and linked up a webcam, to film the near side front suspension in action. This is the link (I Hope)

Link to Photobucket

Mrs G was operating the laptop.

I modified the suspension a few months ago and it feels quite good.

Take a look, and see what you think. All constructive critisism welcome. (except for the music)

Ali G

Guest Botbuilder

Hi Jez :hi:

I fabricated new top wishbones and extended dummy struts, also new spacers to adjust the castor angle. I had to move the headlight brackets up but with the old 7 inch chrome headlights the bonnet would foul when it was opened. I replaced the old headlights with new 100mm stainless Xenon units. They look much better, brighter and everything cleared.

After reading about a couple of disastrous failures of the gold anodised aluminium camber adjusters I decided to make my own out of steel.

I have autocad drawings of everything I have done, which anyone are welcome too. The drawings will only be any good to you if you have access to AutoCad or a program that can read *.dwg or *.dxf files.

If the rain stops I'm going to rig the webcam up to the front of the car and take it for a spin up in the Cotswolds. It should be interesting to see her go around Fiddlers Elbow with Mrs G hanging onto her laptop :yahoo:

Alan

• 3 years later...
Guest walrus1968

Hi Jez :hi:

I fabricated new top wishbones and extended dummy struts, also new spacers to adjust the castor angle. I had to move the headlight brackets up but with the old 7 inch chrome headlights the bonnet would foul when it was opened. I replaced the old headlights with new 100mm stainless Xenon units. They look much better, brighter and everything cleared.

After reading about a couple of disastrous failures of the gold anodised aluminium camber adjusters I decided to make my own out of steel.

I have autocad drawings of everything I have done, which anyone are welcome too. The drawings will only be any good to you if you have access to AutoCad or a program that can read *.dwg or *.dxf files.

If the rain stops I'm going to rig the webcam up to the front of the car and take it for a spin up in the Cotswolds. It should be interesting to see her go around Fiddlers Elbow with Mrs G hanging onto her laptop :yahoo:

Alan

hi .. i know its an old thread but i wondered if i could use your drawings to do the conversion ... thanks in advance .. Gaz