What Numbers Should I Stamp

Guest Andy Rathbone

Guest Andy Rathbone

i have reached the point in the build where i feel i'm a few weeks away from SVA (yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee) the only snag is one of the first questions on the SVA application is Chassis number???????? what do i stamp on i have tried the DVLA and they are getting back to me on monday, but i was hoping to get it done this weekend, any offers please????

yours befuddled from nuneaton

Guest Andy Rathbone

phew its not easy is it thanks for the info im at about step two i have made initial enqueeries and they are sending me a V55/5 and other bumf

cheers for the help

Guest chris brown

I just made up my own vin (RH2BCBROWN2002103) prior to SVA. After SVA took car to Peterborough having sent V55/5 etc earlier. The first chap I saw said we supply vin numbers but as you have had it SVA'd with this number I will let it through Half an hour later another chap came to check the car and during his check said "I see you have made up your own vin I'm glad to see it as it makes our job easier" so what chance when even at the same office they don’t know the rules??? :boohoo:

I borrowed the stamps from the local tech collage but community Police should have them for marking up kids bikes etc.

Chris

Mr Sheen has just SVA'd the Luego (failed on a couple of very minor points) but for the chassis number thing, Luego either gave him a chassis number, or it was already stamped on the thing (not sure which) he'll have the 'build up inspection' when he takes the 'MAC' in for the registration.

Talking about SVA, Mr Glitter (Phil in Cheshire) is there today I think!

we'll find out later I've no doubt.

Guest Phil in Cheshire

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Not today Jim

They rang yesterday to cancel ( No reason given) and have given me a new date of 30th March

Was to gobsmacked to argue with them. Am ringing them back tommorrow but dont know if it will do any good (Kev ((spannerman had his tools packed i think)))

Will see you at Stafford and you can take the Pi** out of me in person :lol: :lol:

Phil

What have you done to the government officials??

They certainly have it in for you Phil?

Has ANYTHING gone smooth for you at all?

I think that you should ring up the guy who said he would "put a word in for you"

Guest Mark P

When I rang my local VRO I was told to make mine up, it had to be 17digits long, this I was told made there life easier and was also quicker, I used letters and numbers that meant things to do with the car ie, start date, end date, type etc I filled out the SVA form with no bother and I wasn't asked anything about it. I never had anyone come and inspect the car during the build and after, this I was very suprised about.

Mark