Carbon Dash Board

megadodo

Having cut my first dash incorrectly due to not realising how high the bonnet sits I wanted to do the second one properly. So I thought I'd give it the carbon fibre look, it came out so well I did the steering column shroud and horn push as well!

post-2715-058511000 1286036511_thumb.jpgpost-2715-031606700 1286036523_thumb.jpg

Hiya,

That looks really good mate, alot of vinyls don't capture the "depth" of the weave, but the

stuff you've used looks sweet. :good:

Nicely applied also, i would imagine it's a bitch trying to avoid air bubbles during application.

Nick.

Didn't seem to have issue with air bubbles, the large flat area of the dash was easy, no bubbles and gentle heating to activate the glue. The column shroud was "fun" and required longer heating, streching the vinyl and pressing out the odd bubble here and there. It was easier than I thought it would be and took just over an hour. Highly recommend as a technique. Just use a nice sharp new stanley blade (didn't cut myself today).

What nice bouncy avatar?????? I've gone blind!

Carbon Mods, one of the cheapest around for 3m Di Noc as they call it. It comes in other colours as welll. Ordered it before 3 one day, delivered the next! Approx £30 for 1.2m by .6m sheet and I have still got some left over!