Weber Tuning

johnhetherington

I'm building a 2B Plus with a Mondeo 2.0L Zetec silver top engine running twin Webers 45DCOE with Option One ECU.

I am having great difficulty balancing the carbs, the engine starts OK, but runs very lumpy, also get petrol dripping out of one of the carbs, very concerning. I have a Facet silver top fuel pump and the filter king regulator is set at 3.5 psi

Any one got any advice, have been on the web sites but being a bit thick finding it hard to follow.

Anyone in the Kent area who would like to call in and help out a struggling hoody, I would be very grateful, copious amounts of tea and bacon butties will be supplied.

Cheers

John

http://www.johnskitcar.com

Guest Stuartl

I'm building a 2B Plus with a Mondeo 2.0L Zetec silver top engine running twin Webers 45DCOE with Option One ECU.

I am having great difficulty balancing the carbs, the engine starts OK, but runs very lumpy, also get petrol dripping out of one of the carbs, very concerning. I have a Facet silver top fuel pump and the filter king regulator is set at 3.5 psi

Any one got any advice, have been on the web sites but being a bit thick finding it hard to follow.

Anyone in the Kent area who would like to call in and help out a struggling hoody, I would be very grateful, copious amounts of tea and bacon butties will be supplied.

Cheers

John

http://www.johnskitcar.com

Hi John, I had twin weber 40's on my xflow engined Sylva Striker and I have to say they were a nightmare although to be fair I had little knowledge on how to set them up correctly other than what I read online. The one leaking fuel may be overfuelling due to a sticky float or loose jet, sounds like the fuel pressure is ok as it is isolated to one carb. I will try and dig out some info on this, I know there was a guy online who gave a brilliant description on how to set these up and I will try and find it for you.

I take it you have rejetted them to suit your engine?

Guest Spencer Griffiths

You need to get them setup by someone who knows what they are doing and maybe serviced. Speak to Peter Bowley at UK Carbs 07737785054 top guy, got me a set of twin 40's and set them up, money well spent. Tell him Spencer the photogrtapher recommened him. See my webers on Pinto picture.

Cheers Spencer

You need to get them setup by someone who knows what they are doing and maybe serviced. Speak to Peter Bowley at UK Carbs 07737785054 top guy, got me a set of twin 40's and set them up, money well spent. Tell him Spencer the photogrtapher recommened him. See my webers on Pinto picture.

Cheers Spencer

Thanks Spencer, I will give Peter a ring on Monday.

Cheers John