Any One Local To Leicester A Good Vw Mechanic?

keith kelly

hi all,

i know its not kit car related but does anyone know a good VW mechanic local to leicester they would recommend. The car starts find and runs ok for a short while but then runs like SHt, looses power and sounds rough as. checked leads, plugs etc can find anything.

need to get the mrs and master mobile again quick and havent got time to play myself.

regards

keith

Guest scrabster

hi kieth,had same prob with wifes polo.take air filter of and clean the inside of throttle body around the butterfly.the dirt restricts the amount of air and makes it run crap.it now runs like its had a major service done on it.dont take the throttle body of or unplug it or it has to be put on dyno to reset the revs.if this dont cure it,then it may well be the air flow sensor.hth.

regards,jess.

If that does not work try a new coil pack.

The one on my M Reg Golt 1.8 gave out, produced an intermittent problem after 20 mins then eventually gave up totally.

The coil packs are a know problem on VW, it's a standard coil that looks like a transformer and has an ignition module built in.