Altanator Wiring

Guest john.camfield

Guest john.camfield

Hi

I am rewiring the car, but need help with the terminals, i have a 3 terminal plug (2 large and 1 smaller) with 3 wires, i know the larger 2 terminals is for charge, but what about the smaller terminal has a brown/yellow lead coming from it? allso there is a seperate round push on wire blue/yellow where does this one go?

Also any ideas where i can get a new plug for the altanator?

I have just started to rewire the whole car (premier loom)so will be asking a load of questions)

many thanks.

Guest john.camfield

Hi

sorry

its a ford sierra pinto engine, no label on it so not sure if its lucas or other.

Its Ok found it. the blue/white goes to the electronic choke.

Edited by sealine

Guest mikebloomfield

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-PIN-WIRING-PLUG-LUCAS-BOSCH-ALTERNATORS-CLASSIC-CAR-/260713370880?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb3ba5500

try this link to an ebay page. This is the one i bought when my one fell apart. I think there were different types of connectors on pinto alternators, so check if it looks ok.

Guest john.camfield

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-PIN-WIRING-PLUG-LUCAS-BOSCH-ALTERNATORS-CLASSIC-CAR-/260713370880?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb3ba5500

try this link to an ebay page. This is the one i bought when my one fell apart. I think there were different types of connectors on pinto alternators, so check if it looks ok.

Yep looks like the one, now on order thanks for the link.

john