Slidding Pillock

Guest Mr Pid

Guest Mr Pid

In the build videos it is stated that you should re-use the suspension bushes from the sierra as a bump stop at the bottom of the sliding pillock suspension.

I have done this and as the supsension was one of the first things i put on the car it has been exposed to the elements for the past two years.

When i was playing with the steering at the weekend (in the lovely rain) this bush has now disintergrated into nothing more than a crumbling mess.

Has anyone else encountered this and if i am to replace this bush, are there any recomendations as to what material to use/what bushes will fit?

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers

Stu

Guest Andy Rathbone

i had slidding pillock and chopped it off, i did get some nice yellow bump stops from demon thieves powerflex where the makers and they were nice and firm and about £15 for the pair part num BS005 (old catalogue so the number or price may have changed) i sold them on to somone in london area ish who made the suspension work ?? i cant remeber who he had my phospher bronze bits and a few other flange modules hope this helps rgds andy r

Hi STu,

I have a grotty carrier bag full of slimy pillock bits that ive just castrated.

I'll see if I still have the bushes I used in there.

email your address off group if you want them posted off, or I'll be at Detling.

Cheers, Bob.

Guest Goldie
i had slidding pillock and chopped it off, i did get some nice yellow bump stops from demon thieves powerflex where the makers and they were nice and firm and about £15 for the pair part num BS005 (old catalogue so the number or price may have changed) i sold them on to somone in london area ish who made the suspension work ?? i cant remeber who he had my phospher bronze bits and a few other flange modules hope this helps rgds andy r

Andy

You say you chopped of the sliding pillar suspension. I presume you've replaced it with double wishbone? Was it easy enough to do and did you use RH wishbones or make your own??

Hi Goldie,

the RHSC chassis is modified to take the RHSC wishbones.

They probably cant be retrofitted....but knowing Hoodies, someone will do it.

Also RHSC wont supply the wishbones.

But who can supply the complete set to fit a previously pillared set up....

Say it altogether with me now.....

RIZLA'S DAD aka RS JIGTEC.

And blinking good they are too....ive almost finished mine it'll be ready for Detling.

Cheers, Bob.

Guest Goldie

Thanks for that Bob

I'm buying a 2b today from someone who bought it years ago and never started it. I've seen and heard that a couple of people have converted them to double wishbone and I want to make it my first job.