Pinto Cam Pulley ... Help

Guest luigisri

Guest luigisri

hi ,

i have jusr recently bought my first ever kit car a robin hood 2b. the car has just gone in for aservice and they have noticed that the plate or guide behind the top pulley is not there.. does anybody have any ideas what this part is called or where i can get one. Im worried about the belt coming off without this part.

The engine is a 1979 pinto 2.0

sorry if this requires a really easy answer but im new to this .

Cheers ,

Rich

North Wales

Hi Rich

The plate they are referring to serves two purposes: firstly it does indeed ensure that the belt doesn't slip off the rear of the cam pulley and secondly it incorporates a timing mark cut into the plate:

Flange.jpg

TimingMark.jpg

Here's one on ebay, although you're buying the vernier pulley as well:Click

I would imagine so; I seemed to be able to source all the sierra parts I needed from the local Ford dealer. Why not give them a call? Or you might just be lucky and find that someone on here has one knocking around their garage.

Easiest way would be to place a 'wanted' post, but you'd have to upgrade to a full member for that. It doesn't cost much though and there are a number of benefits.

Guest luigisri

Just had the car back now from the garage , head gasket needed skimming and loads of other bits , once i find a plate taking it back and they will set it up properly , running like a bag of nails at the moment !