2b Diff Height

Guest 2bsprint

Guest 2bsprint

Hi

I am just setting up my rear suspension, and just wanted to know what height people had setup their cars, ie the bottom of the diff was from the ground?

Thanks

GD

Hi GD,

If I remember correctly, the rear of the diff is secured through a plate on the chassis.

Therefore it's pretty well pre-determined for you once the rear de-dion/subframe is set.

There's an indication on my website Clicky and it's covered in the Build Videos.

HTH?

Guest Tim Norman

Mounting the diff using the bottom hole on the diff and the top hole in the chassis plate, if that makes sense, makes the wheels stand up better without the need for camber wedges.

Before I get shot down again, I will now add that it works on my car, I don't particulary know why, but it does.:pardon:

Guest 2bsprint

when it was fully dry loaded, it appeared to still having a bit of possitive camber - I was expecting it sink a bit with the additional weight. The height to the bottom of the diff off the ground was 295mm.

Saturday night/Sunday I took the rear suspension apart and shortened the tubes, then re-built it. Which has corrected the positive camber - the height to the bottom of the diff is not 240mm

PS from memory the videos were a bit vague and it would mean dusting off the video player and wiring it in

Thanks folks

Guest peter2b2002

I think in the vidios he said infront of the wheel arch (side pannel) to the ground was about 6", thats what mine is and with 2 up and old zimmers on it only grounded on very bumpy roads at speed

peter2b