Where's Longboarder?

Guest The Modfather

Hello all. It's 9.30am down under, another sunny day, mercury has already hit 32C, surfboards on the ute and I'm off to Trigg point in a minute. We've had bush fires and a mini cyclone in Perth, Darwin had 1 metre of rain in February, two great whites ate a diver off South Oz a fortnight ago, Queensland is just about drying out after their rains, it was 43.6C on the back patio in the shade last Monday and I'm lovin it. It's all good mate!

In reality every day has been 30 - 35, sunny, rain free and surfs good. Any trouble has just been visible as lightening on the horizon, a blur of distant smoke or an item on the 6 o'clock news. I sit in the sea astride my board (longboard of course) and watch the fishy bait balls go past followed by larger fish lunching off them but seldom see anything sharkish. (Did do PADI open water last time on Ningaloo reef and swam with whale sharks and they are fairly hefty but eat plankton not little fat old brits!)

Little Sis somehow puts up with me for 3 months, provides good company, feeds me, I swim in her pool, stores my board when I go home and incredibly invites me back. This is my fourth visit. The savings in home energy bills for Feb/Mar/Apr just about pays for the flight.

Although I take a backup copy of my computer hard disc with me I don't have any other reference material or the car to look at. Daz, I did ponder your problem and if you had sierra stalks I would have added my twopenno'th but Esky stalks and a funny loom, I'd just be guessing. I will add my guesses for what they're worth.

I will be back for Stoners so see you all then. In the meantime keep busy in the garage and stay warm while I try to stay cool. Beer and the pool help!

Nigel