Skid Plate

Guest Jameslark

Guest Jameslark

Has anyone fitted a skid plate to a 2b and if so what material was used? I am thinking of making one to go on the front of the plough as on Saturday it hit the road at least 6 times. Whilst the sump is shortened and well back at the lowest point I feel I ought to protect the tube itself. I was thinking of using 4mm aluminium tread plate which would at least offer some protection from our wonderfully flat roads.

Guest Chutney

Or do what I did and cut the plough tube out cos it got in the way of my zetec. There is little chance of it hitting the road as it is chucked on my scrap pile.

Guest Getting There

Hi

If I had the choice again that is what I would do. Mine got caught on a bolt on a road plate and wrote the car off, if there was a gradual skid plate, it would have been fine!!

Hope that helps.

Chris

Guest Chutney

In all seriousness, I will be adding a skid plate. I think it's a great idea- rather hear that scrape than anything else. I'm going to use 1.2mm Ally tread plate cos that's what I have.