Gbs Zero Build.... Help

Guest jkhbuzz

Guest jkhbuzz

Hi all,

Dad and I have just bought a Zero. Just started building it yesterday and need help with the order of assembly ie. what goes on first etc.

We have rear up & lower wishbones and gas shocks on.

If anyone has any advice/pictures of what we should be doing first, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :search:

Simon

Guest oddsocks

Hi all,

Dad and I have just bought a Zero. Just started building it yesterday and need help with the order of assembly ie. what goes on first etc.

We have rear up & lower wishbones and gas shocks on.

If anyone has any advice/pictures of what we should be doing first, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :search:

Simon

Hi simon and welcome to the mad house. Have a look on this site there are quite a few that are buildin and some have finished. There are a few of us with build pics-theres me,shaft gixerboy and a few others that i cant think of at the mo. Click on the link below for some ideas

HTH

Jamie

Ps become a full member and you can see the pics that ppl put up and you can get some more info. Also put where your from up and you might have someone close to you buildin which you might be able to pop along and have a look at.

Hi Simon and welcome to RHOCaR,

As Jamie (Yanto) say's, become a full member and you'll have better access to the site

and also more than likely get more help from fellow memebers (inc home visits). :good:

and discounts from certain suppliers inc insurance etc can be had from being a member

and at the shows free tea and coffee etc for you to enjoy.

You would benefit from putting your location up also, there might well be a Zero being

built nearby?

I've just finished building mine and it's now on the road.... loved the build and the driving

is even better.:D

Stoneleigh Kit Car show is coming up at the end of April / May bank holiday, i'd strongly

advise you to pop in if you can as it's one of , if not the, best show of the year. Loads of kits

to see and all the trade stands etc plus get to put faces to names from on here. :drinks:

Links below to my build pics and also my build blog that i'm currently working on.

Nick. :hi:

Simon. Welcome aboard. I can only mirror what has been said above. The first bit of advice I was given (by Simon at the factory) was to put the diff in first before you add the rear panel to the chassis as it gives you better access to fit the various nuts and bolts. After that, follow some of the blogs to see what others have done. There is no definitve build order as there is no build manual (there is one in the pipeline ... well I hope it is still in the pipeline!!).

If you are close enough, go to the factory and talk to Simon or Ben, they build the cars and are more than happy to spend a bit of time with you to discuss the build. There are little things that you wouldn't think of, such as putting IVA trim pieces on the front suspension as you build it up, instead of trying to add it later. I know that sounds logical, but it is not something you would think about.

On the subject of the IVA, a lot of the car has been designed to pass the IVA, but do the rest of the build with that 100% in the forefront of your mind, it will save a lot of time later.

Guest boggybogstar

Hi Simon and welcome.

I live just up the road in Uckfield and completed my Zero a couple of years ago now, your very welcome to pop up and have a look to get some inspiration.

Also, there's a local kit car club down our way thats definatley woth joining, very active and theres a few Zero owners that join us on runs (which happen every weekend!!)

www.southernkitcars.com

send me a pm if you fancy a cup of tea and a ponder over mine - if your lucky I might even take you for a spin in it :D