Aa Renewal

Andi

I know its only been a year but Ive forgotten what I paid last year.

Anyways, I have a quote for £113.50 for roadside and relay. Last year I had to complain and got it loads cheaper.

This year however I plan to put the Missus on the cover so what are people paying

(either for 1 or 2 people?)

Thanks

Andi

Guest garyfelton

Just signed up to green flag for £83.50 for 2 cars roadside and recovery. Covers both me and er indoors when travelling in any car.

HTH Gary

Guest peter2b2002

in the post this morning, frank pickles quote 4k miles, £5k value, club member, parts only(do own repairs) Premium £78.11 :good:

+ADMIN CHARGE £15.00 :shok: ( got free road side repair/recovery any car from the AA on my other car)

going to ask them whot they do for £15.00

just waiting for Flux to get back to me for thier quote

peter2b

Not sure if I'm right but I thought the AA/RAC have a 10-year old limit on their standard policies, if this is the case how old is a kitcar, from date of build or date of original registration plate (i.e. Donor) and if it is date of build /registration how do you prove that to them?

Maybe all nonsense if I am making up the 10-year bit :wacko:

Guest dinger

Not sure if I'm right but I thought the AA/RAC have a 10-year old limit on their standard policies, if this is the case how old is a kitcar, from date of build or date of original registration plate (i.e. Donor) and if it is date of build /registration how do you prove that to them?

Maybe all nonsense if I am making up the 10-year bit :wacko:

The RAC will cover anything that has an engine that is taxed, under 18 feet long and under 3500kg,

Thats as simple as it gets, Its also a personal policy that covers the owner and not the vehicle, so if you have 10 cars in the household all are covered (you can only drive one car at a time!)

RAC will attend if you have the following on top of normal mechanical breakdowns

Puncture no spare

keys locked in car

keys lost/stolen

out of fuel

Fuel contamination

Most of the time with an insurance company attached policy it is only the insured car that is covered and please please guys,, check the small print to make sure your car is actually covered.

Other smaller breakdown compainies will limit the amount of time the patrol spends repairing the vehicle and is usually 30 minutes, any longer and its charged per half hour or part thereoff,

This just a guide and personal advice, feel free to message me if you need any more info or have specific questions,

Dave

Guest Alex Spratt

I have just cancelled my aa membership because the renewal letter said £166 and when I called up they could do it for £99 when ask why there was a difference I got feed a pile of BS about how the renewal letter has to say that amount!?! And that its only the same as other companies do! This gets my goat, why can't they strive to give the best price first time!

Rant over (for now)

Alex

Guest peter2b2002

be carefull with the AA on roadside cover, it's only for under 10 year old cars, i've got to double check out weather the driver cover I have on my Rangy will cover my 2b as that has an E reg? they told me on the phone it would cover any car that I was driving

peter2b