Iva Booked For 11th May 8:30

Guest red-col

Guest red-col

It was a fail but nothing majour. Just a few things that should be easily sorted and then a pass next time.

The guy at the test centre was really helpful and told us exactly what we need to do to get it to pass with no problems. Even gave us his work mobile number ot re-book the test so we didnt have to go through head office.

One of the main things we failed on was the seat belts and the fact that we had seat runners on the drivers seat. When the seat is in the fully forward position you were not able to adjust the length of the seat belt around the waist/lap.

The tester said that apparently this has been highlighted to GBS direct by them and to get the car through the test its either to bolt a strong enough piece of metal to the existing mounting position to extend it a couple of inches forward or fix the seats in a position where the seat belt can be adjust for the test.

Im at work at the min and dont have the full list of failures but its mainly replacing spring washers with locktite and there is one for the front indicators being too low... which was our fault as we fitted everything including front indicators at the correct height and then lowered the front suspension causing the front indicators to be too low, so another easy fix.

Guest sandy77uk

It was a fail but nothing majour. Just a few things that should be easily sorted and then a pass next time.

The guy at the test centre was really helpful and told us exactly what we need to do to get it to pass with no problems. Even gave us his work mobile number ot re-book the test so we didnt have to go through head office.

One of the main things we failed on was the seat belts and the fact that we had seat runners on the drivers seat. When the seat is in the fully forward position you were not able to adjust the length of the seat belt around the waist/lap.

The tester said that apparently this has been highlighted to GBS direct by them and to get the car through the test its either to bolt a strong enough piece of metal to the existing mounting position to extend it a couple of inches forward or fix the seats in a position where the seat belt can be adjust for the test.

Im at work at the min and dont have the full list of failures but its mainly replacing spring washers with locktite and there is one for the front indicators being too low... which was our fault as we fitted everything including front indicators at the correct height and then lowered the front suspension causing the front indicators to be too low, so another easy fix.

atleast nothing major fella so good work :)

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Hi Dean, good luck with retest. Mine also failed first time , it will all be worth it when handed a pass paper. Cheers Neil.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest red-col

Woohoo!!! All passed after the retest!

Paperwork all with the dvla, just got to wait for the reg number to come through the post.

Got a bit worried when the office said we might need to book an appointmeny to inspect the vehicle but in the end it was all OK.

Guest sandy77uk

Woohoo!!! All passed after the retest!

Paperwork all with the dvla, just got to wait for the reg number to come through the post.

Got a bit worried when the office said we might need to book an appointmeny to inspect the vehicle but in the end it was all OK.

Congratulations fella :)

Guest steve8274

nice one dean

cant believe how quick you have built it and got through iva. really jealous

when you failed with seat runners, where they the ones from gbs. what was the issue? how did you get round it?

thanks and well done

steve

Guest red-col

nice one dean

cant believe how quick you have built it and got through iva. really jealous

when you failed with seat runners, where they the ones from gbs. what was the issue? how did you get round it?

thanks and well done

steve

Hi Steve,

The drivers seat was on runners from GBS and the seat belts were also supplied from GBS.

The issue was that when the seat was in the fully forward position you were not able to adjust the buckle around the waist as the buckle was stuck down the side of the chair. If you put the chair fully back it worked fine and you could adjust the buckle.

Micheal the tester at watnall failed it on this so my dad made up a piece of flat steel 35mmx6mm drilled and bolted this to the origanal lower fixing point and fixed the belt in the other end of the plate through a box section of the chassis. The plate is 140mm long this gave enough room for the belt to be adjusted when in the seat at its most forward position. It passed the re-test after this modification.

Let me know if this doesnt make sense and I will see if I can get some photos to better explain my situation.

Cheers

Dean

Guest steve8274

Hi Steve,

The drivers seat was on runners from GBS and the seat belts were also supplied from GBS.

The issue was that when the seat was in the fully forward position you were not able to adjust the buckle around the waist as the buckle was stuck down the side of the chair. If you put the chair fully back it worked fine and you could adjust the buckle.

Micheal the tester at watnall failed it on this so my dad made up a piece of flat steel 35mmx6mm drilled and bolted this to the origanal lower fixing point and fixed the belt in the other end of the plate through a box section of the chassis. The plate is 140mm long this gave enough room for the belt to be adjusted when in the seat at its most forward position. It passed the re-test after this modification.

Let me know if this doesnt make sense and I will see if I can get some photos to better explain my situation.

Cheers

Dean

hi dean

cant picture what you mean?

photo would be great

thanks

steve