2b Donor To Zero

speedtripledan

Dan,

You will have a distinct advantage of knowing the history of the parts and I imagine most will be a simple transplant. Also if you are happy with your lights I'm sure GBS will deduct them from the package (they did this for me).

Sounds like a good plan and consideration for the next project.

Mark

Guest hull hoody

If you do decide to recycle your 2b can I have first offer on your body panels? It would be shame to see those shiny parts go to waste, cheers.

Guest scrabster

hi dan, if you are transfering everything to a zero chassis surely you can use the number plates aswell and save loads of wonga on iva cost.would it be the same as having it repaired? or would it have to be tested anyway?

good luck with it anyway,jess.

hi dan, if you are transfering everything to a zero chassis surely you can use the number plates aswell and save loads of wonga on iva cost.would it be the same as having it repaired? or would it have to be tested anyway?

A minefield that one Jess i would think? :crazy:

Anybody know for sure?

Dan, in answer to your OP...

At a glance, i'd say you would need....

Fuel tank,

Seats,

radiator (perhaps?)

dashboard panel

wiring (start again bud, seriously)

prop shaft (length different?)

and finally, us lot to help ya build it quick like.... :drinks:

Nick.

Guest snotfart

sounds like a replacement chassis of (more or less)the same spec,same as the landy boys do so no iva.

or a chassis with reg has got to be worth 500 quid.

Guest marsbar

Hi Dan, I would go down the traditional route, sell you car, buy a kit, and do the kit the way you want,

If you are doing a Zero you will most likely want to go down the Zetec engine route.

If you look out you may find a zero kit half started, there will be some out there, or just drive a hard bargain with GBS, at present there are a lot of special offers out there, I am sure you could get them to match a genuine offer.

Try Piston Heads and see if it sells, leave e bay as a last resort, your car is to good to be appreaciated by the great unwashed!!!!

Good Luck