Loose Nuts A Word Of Advice

Hi all,

just thought I'd mention something I found which may apply to you all.

Check the ball joint nuts in your dummy struts, I just found a loose one. I was careful to make sure all nuts where done up to the correct torques, but I guess what you don't see is easy to miss, and I may have assumed the assembled parts where torqued up correctly.

Jez

Guest Russler

check the lower ball joints where they screw into the wishbone aswell, I pulled off a dual carriage into halfords car park. Stopped the car and reversed into a space, just came to a halt and then BANG!!! the ball joint dropped out and the wishbone rested on the inner edge of the wheel. Good job it didn't happen 10 seconds earlier when travelling at 70mph :blink: :wacko: :huh:

speaking of nuts and all things similar, always make sure that you've got extra long studs in the wheels. fitting alloys means that standard studs only grip by a few threads.

last summer on the way to newark show, two of ours sheared off one wheel, with one managing to hit me in the car! :ph34r: