me , dad

qwerty

snowball

stephen 2doohc

rob fry

ect pluss a few

dad

Guest boggybogstar

Excellent, this is good news - although I still see your all having problems with lists laugh.gif

Theres mounting interest on the SKCC forum and we should have a good gathering, our plan at the moment is to meet at Dartford at silly o'clock fro a pre blat to meet you guys at the Black Cat - not sure of the timings yet but hopefully I'll post them up later this week.

That lovely weather girl from Meridian tonight said there's another heatwave on the way for the weekend :)

Edited by Tony B

Just read the first post more closely

"09.00, leaving at 09.45 latest to have a 35 mile run to Kimbolton"

I'm afraid that from the black cat to Kimbolton is only about 10 miles unless you have a very convoluted route worked out to go via?

Guest boggybogstar

Just read the first post more closely

"09.00, leaving at 09.45 latest to have a 35 mile run to Kimbolton"

I'm afraid that from the black cat to Kimbolton is only about 10 miles unless you have a very convoluted route worked out to go via?

Yes, we have a convoluted route, we never ever go direct "Fun isnt a straight line":rolleyes:

At the moment it's a 40 miler but still be worked up, if anybody wants the ITN when it's available then let me know your email by PM and I'll ping it over. For those that dont use them, ITNs are a small file that you drop into your ITN folder of your TomTom (only works with TomTom), the file contains a number of waypoints which the SatNav will take you through - thus avoiding quickest routes and boring roads

Guest boggybogstar

Ok, quick update .....

At the moment we have a limited amount of tickets, this is limited because of trying to get confirmed numbers for the event has been a tad confusing on here, lists are always a good thing for these type of affairs and some of you have said you have tickets whilst others havent, but reading thru the posts it's hard to decipher.

So, again the more the merrier, we have about 10 SKCCers at the moment, those that dont have a ticket can alway buy on the day so no barrier to joining in.

Our timings at the moment are;

Sussex/East Sussex people will be meeting the rest of the SKCCers at Maccy D's in Thurrock at 7am - we WILL leave there at 07.10 sharp, so to allow for any cigs needed or to banter with fellow members i'd suggets geting there a few mins before 7am, there's a tesco petrol station 200 yds further on from Mc'd's. The route to the Black Cat Roundabout will be a shade under 90 miles and i reckon will work out really well, there's some corking roads to be savoured.

We will then arrive at the Blackcat at 9am to leave at 9.30 after another chin wag/ciggy stop, followed by a convulted route to Kimbolton

Can you all confirm who will be at the Blackcat at 9am please - as the above posts are confusing.

Im really looking forward to this, would be good to get about 20 cars turn up en masse

Guest boggybogstar

Cant beat a good early start Bob, the SKCCers will be meeting at Dartford at 7am so it'll be a 6am start for me too, the weather looks as though it'll be ok too

I have the ITN file if anyone wants it, for those that dont know the file is loaded onto your TomTom and it then takes you through the waypoints as opposed to the direct route, so, just a reminder, we will be meeting at Maccy D's in Thurrock at 6.50am and were doing a 90 miler to get to the Blackcat at 9am - anyone who wants to join us at Thurrock then please do so, but let me know so we dont leave without you (although by 7.10am i'll assume your not coming because we have to crack on)

Really looking forward to meeting at the Blackcat, below is the convuluted route were taking to the fayre

See you Sunday

kimbolton.jpg

Guest chris brown

For those without tickets dont worry you may have to pay a little more but not much.

We are on stand 37 Yellow tickets so follow yellow signs.

I'll be there but in the tin top.

post-746-0-25754800-1310238863_thumb.jpg

A right good day out,great to meet Rhocar members "from up north" & a load of SKCC lads & lasses;great show- masses of cars & entertainment. Thanks to Steve for path-finder duties up & back;we left home at 05.45 & got back in at 20.15 --a long enjoyable day,thanks.Bob & Mo.

Guest chris brown

Yes a great day even with the rain nice to see so many club members there. we must have had close to 50 cars on our pitch with a really good selection but mine was the only tin top :rolleyes: :clapping:

I don't know how many cars there was there this year but it seemed to take ages to get all round

Guest boggybogstar

Kimbolton 'Match Report'.

Was really good to meet everyone yesterday at Kimbolton, a very well attended event, this is the match report (slightly edited) from the SKCC site;

With grey skies we assembled one by one at Thurrock, coffees were gathered and ciggies lit - a calm start to the day, until Richard turned up. Seems he'd been fettling/tinkering/improving yesterday and as a result there was a degree of oil in the engine bay from a blown seal. ( i thought that was illegal - blowing seals ?)

With no fuss or drama (that’s Richard for you) he grabbed a tool or two and sorted it....( we hoped)......

Leaving Thurrock we managed to get split up and Neil, Tony and I cruised on for a fair few miles before stopping for a cheeky ciggie and waiting for Phil. I have to say that from that moment on we encountered yet more tasty roads, i know we all get something different from our ownership - but for me putting the car through its paces on twisty tarmac kind of rates high! The roads today really didn't disappoint, there was one particular section that seemed to go for miles that was just littered with bends of all descriptions from hairpins to gentle curves.....awesome. A look at the time and remaining distance showed we'd be cutting it fine to make the rendezvous at the Black Cat - so some pruning of the itn was needed to make the final section a bit quicker. Rocking up there we found our other SKCC colleagues: Paul, Linda, Bob/Silvia Fry , Dave (dinger) and Chris Laycock. Plus about 7-8 other cars from the Rhocar chaps who were from further up the road. We'd hoped that they'd join us for a trot to the Show, make a Grand Entrance and all that, but unfortunately it wasn't to be - so us SKCC'ers set of for a cheeky 35 miler amongst the lanes. Bloody brilliant.

Tony B set the pace as we criss crossed narrow lanes with excellent sight lines, i imagine its fair to say that we were at 9/10ths mode.......there was certainly a few smiles when we finally knocked those miles off and arrived at the Show.

We parked them up and had a quick wander, in search of food, there was a great selection of cars, old Fords, modern Tivs, you name it it was there.....the sun shone and all was well with the world, we even had a much earned pint. I say all was well.......it was until Paul pointed out that Neil had a flat, he'd run over a blade of some description - so the emergency crew ( richard) was pressed into action.....a jack, a spare wheel and tools were produced - sods law prevailed though and the offset was all wrong. So a made dash to a local (ish) Kwik Fit saw the tyre repaired.

The delay due to the puncture cost us a little time and we'd have left and missed the 1st shower of rain if all had been well......but hey, we're hardy chaps. So the softies donned helmets whilst hardened members merely changed the dark glasses to clear - and off we set. Interesting doesn’t describe the amount of water just around the corner from the show, and Phil was having issues holding his Busa powered beat ( on 888's)....but we managed to skirt most of the rain and hit the bypass/motorway and set the sat navs for home the fastest way mode.......One more short but hard shower was waiting for us on the M11 but we made good progress and with a final stop the south side of the water for a ciggie it was time to shake hands and bid each other farewell.

What a corker.....mostly sunny, terrific banter, awesome roads and a decent amount of blatting.......puuuuuuuufrect.