Zero Hub Carrier

gomatthome

trying to fit the half shafts. are the hub carriers handed? only orientation i can get the half shafts line up with the holes in the hub carrier puts the drum back plate 180% out ie the slave cylinder is towards the front of the car which seems wrong.

suggestions please

phil

trying to fit the half shafts. are the hub carriers handed? only orientation i can get the half shafts line up with the holes in the hub carrier puts the drum back plate 180% out ie the slave cylinder is towards the front of the car which seems wrong.

suggestions please

phil

I've replied to your PM Phil. :good:

Nick.

As suggested by Nick i swapped over the back plates from left to right and visa versa. GBS also suggested this when i spoke with them this lunchtime.

Fitted the half shafts and everything now lines up. The slave cylinder still faces towards the front of the car but at least the hand break cable comes into the back plate at the top rear so wont foul on the suspension. Not sure how you got yours to fit with the slave cylinder facing the rear of the car but i guess it does not matter which direction it faces after all on the original sierra set up the slave cylinder is at the top.

Any other Zero builders using drum breaks on the rear should note this swapping back plate solution.

Next step to finish tightening up the diff and recheck all the suspension bolts are fully tight and then all four wheels can go on and hey will have a rolling chassis.

Phil

Guest mower man

This has been raised before ,idealy the wheel cyl should be at the top and the hand brake cable entering at the bottom that is cyl at 12 oclock ,cable entering at 7 oclock , Ithink you have got the back plates swapped side to side I may be wrong but I have just had the rear end of my car in bits and thats how its built up ! .If the Zero is different I don't know and apologies for jumping in :good: mower man [mick]