Fuel Pump

Disco

Could anyone give me some guidance as to where the best place is to fit the fuel pump.

Thanks

Disco

Are you running throttle bodies?

On my Zero Zetec, I mounted the high pressure fuel pump and high pressure filter on a shelf I made from Aluminium sheet and fitted as shown in the attached pic.

post-4157-0-11201800-1309714428_thumb.jpg

Electric pumps prefer to push not pull so low down near the tank is good, if the pump is above the top of the pump

I fit a non return valve so there is always fuel in in the line from the tank to the pump.

before we get to any advice.

what engine?

what are you feeding, carbs, fuel injection................?

is it a constant flow system?

All have a bearing as to what and where you place any pump or pumps.

example

Standard Zero with Jenvey or AT throttle bodies requires a lift pump to feed the system, and a high pressure pump as near the engine as possible, taking its supply from a swirl pot, again as near the engine as possible and a fuel pressure regulator.

A pinto mechanical pump will be able to feed all carb types, inc bike carbs if you really have to.

So a bit more information would help

Regards

before we get to any advice.

what engine?

what are you feeding, carbs, fuel injection................?

is it a constant flow system?

All have a bearing as to what and where you place any pump or pumps.

example

Standard Zero with Jenvey or AT throttle bodies requires a lift pump to feed the system, and a high pressure pump as near the engine as possible, taking its supply from a swirl pot, again as near the engine as possible and a fuel pressure regulator.

A pinto mechanical pump will be able to feed all carb types, inc bike carbs if you really have to.

So a bit more information would help

Regards

I have a zetec engine to fit and have not decided which throttle bodies to fit yet . I have purchased a facet fuel pump from GBSC which would suit a road going vehicle which i am building. Does the use of two styles of pump along with the swirl pot suit track cars or is it a requirement for the engine?

I am obviously a bit confused as to the requirements.

Disco