Steering Wheel

johnhetherington

Sorry to raise this again but just want clarification on the steering wheel.

I have fitted the Mountney wheel and I recall a number of guys put a cover over it just for the IVA.

Is this to make it softer, also what about the horn push, does this cover still allow it to work and does it need a symbol on the horn button to show it is the horn.

I am getting closer to the IVA, not there yet, but getting more paranoid by the day.

Not expecting to pass first time, hoping though, but don't want a list as long as my arm of fails.

Cheers

John

http://www.johnskitcar.com

Went to IVA with the Sierra wheel,no problems; also have heard tell on here some have had troubles with the steering lock not engaging on the mountney boss;ours was fine but fitted post IVA.

Went to IVA with the Sierra wheel,no problems; also have heard tell on here some have had troubles with the steering lock not engaging on the mountney boss;ours was fine but fitted post IVA.

Thanks for that, fortunately the steerring lock does seem to be working, we did try to fit the Sierra wheel but the only problem with that is I have put the speedo and rev counter behind the wheel and the sierra wheel blocks the dials, that's why we have gone for a smaller wheel to try and overcome this problem. Hence the question about the "pad" on the Mountney wheel.

Cheers

John

post-2376-0-79075800-1310722499_thumb.jpg

Guest Noddy006

Had a standard Mountney wheel with horn push for IVA in my Sub K and went through O.K. at Leighton Buzzard about 18 months ago so unless rules have changed or you get a duff inspector you should be fine. Ian H

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Hi John, mine went for IVA 1 year ago .With cover on mountney steering and was tolled to take it off. Still passed test .The reason he was checking for was to see if bolt heads were round ,and he found them ok . Was tolled there was no need for a cover.

Cheers Neil.

Hi John, mine went for IVA 1 year ago .With cover on mountney steering and was tolled to take it off. Still passed test .The reason he was checking for was to see if bolt heads were round ,and he found them ok . Was tolled there was no need for a cover.

Cheers Neil.

Cheers Neil, I think I will go without the cover and get some bolts with rounded heads.

John

Guest smartfazer

I'm going to be using the Sierra Wheel as the steering lock doesn't work with the Mountney Boss.

The castlations are too shallow.

Steve