Bolt Supplies Fitting New Front Shocks

Guest Jameslark

Guest Jameslark

Just waiting on the new gaz shocks coming and I have been doing a bit of research. It appears the bolts on the zimmers are 3/8 and gaz shocks 1/2". Would like to use the same bolts( with new nuts ) as saves drilling the holes out. Also understand that you can get bushes from Gaz to accommodate the 3/8 bolts.

Anyone know where I can get the bolts or is it better to do a spot of fettling? I have been to Screwfix and met with a blank stare as anything imperial seemed to confuse them!!

I seem to remember an old post that said the old metal bit of the zimmer bush would fit the inside of the 1/2" Gaz one after a quick rub down using a power drill and some emmery cloth, so you could re use the bolts, also one that said they got the bushes for FREE with the shocks. As for bolts google your local nut and bolt supplier and they will know what you want.

HTH

Guest The Modfather

I swapped the inserts from the Zimmers over to the Gaz shocks. Just made sure they were cleaned with emery, and inserted in the centre of the new shocks. Lubricated well with molybedenum grease as the old Zimmers were bone dry.