Vacuum For Brakes

st3v3nw

hi, i'm building a 2b and fitting the vaux 2.0 16v on 45's, the problem ive got is after making a floor mounted brake pedal so i can keep the servo i now have no where to get a vacuum from for the servo, anyone have any ideas??

cheers

steven

Guest Bazwaz

If you really want to keep the servo you will have to drill and tap a hole in one of the inlets on your manifold. Having used mine without a servo for a while now i've found the brakes have a lot more feel to them and it stops just as well.

Barry.

Guest chris brown

You will need one in line but why not run without servo as Barry says the brakes may be a little heavier but you get a better feel and think of all that extra space you’ll have

Guest rizla
:rolleyes: i agree with barry and chris there is no substitute for feel on a brake pedal,and you dont have to push it as hard as you think,after all its alot lighter than the doner

yeah but i spent hours fabricating a floor mounted pedal that incorporates the servo under the carbs, it would be a shame to ditch it. While we're on the subject of brakes do i need to put the proportioning valve in as im thinking of leaving it out due to the trouble people have with it

Guest chris brown

I fitted one then after a few miles realised the rears were hardly working at all so took the ball out of the valve (easier than running new pipe through) and it is now much better

Guest chris brown
what about fitting a bias valve but hiding it from the sva inspector so you can tweek the rear brake bias and leave it set correctly?

where on earth are you going to fit one that he can not see rembering that any thing he is not shure about he can have you strip the car to inspect

If you do want to put discs on the rears, but don't want to go to the lengths of getting a disc back end, we have adaptor plates that will make it so that you can fit them to the standard rear end instead of drums.

see here.

It will need you getting hold of a set of calipers and their carriers, along with some discs.