C/f Wrap

Guest mower man

Guest mower man

Hi am contemplating fitting cycle wings to my S7 , have the wings ,have the brkts is there any one reasonably local to me north notts /south yorks who has experience with carbonfibre wrap ,the fake stuff ?,quite fancy doing the cycle wings ,hope fully cheaper than paint ,or is there any one out there with a pair of signal red ones who would swap for apair of oxford blue :rolleyes: mower man :good: replies awaited

Guest Kennedy48

Just a quick one. Carbon fibre wrap does look good in certain places but it does look fake and can be noticed. If you only doing it for looks, itl look good but it's a matt finish(may get the shinny wrap, iv looked all over) where as real carbon fibre is glossy. My mates skyline has real carbon fibre bonnet and carbon wrap fog light surrounds. Looks the business from a distences but looks completly different textures up close

Hi Mick,

Did my slidding pillocks in the carbon fibre wrap. Looked pretty damn good when done. Dead easy to fit on.

Also just got some more as there is a few bits on the new build I'll be covering.As Kennedy says above, you can get many types of wrap and it will look different to the real thing, however I think it looks good. :rolleyes:

Ive had a few types of carbon wrap for bits and bobs. 3m is the best to work with.

Had some cheap stuff from ebay of late. max autos seems better stuff than others.

If ya need any help give us a shout.

Guest woolly

Do Laura Ashley do vinyl wrap???

I was thinking a nice paisly print with contrasting seat covers and a mock Tudor dash.

i like your style, unfortunatly it can be done

Guest sandy77uk

why not find out how much it would be to spray the wings? if its to much and you dont mind a less than perfect finish send them to me along with half litre of paint and I'll spray them in my garage i have lots of thinners, lacquer and what not left over and it should only take me a day or so (less if you key them up before hand)

Guest scottie686

I covered my front and rear arches in CF wrap and was well pleased with the result!

Also, i couldnt help but notice that the same 3M wrap has been used on one of the limited edition Lamborgini Gallardo's! Well if its good enough for Lambo..........

FrontArch1.jpg

RearArch2.jpg

Scott

Guest mower man

Do Laura Ashley do vinyl wrap???

I was thinking a nice paisly print with contrasting seat covers and a mock Tudor dash.

Cheeky why not get onto ebay and find some instant engine rebuild paint :crazy: mower man,sensible answers were asked for.

Guest mower man

why not find out how much it would be to spray the wings? if its to much and you dont mind a less than perfect finish send them to me along with half litre of paint and I'll spray them in my garage i have lots of thinners, lacquer and what not left over and it should only take me a day or so (less if you key them up before hand)

Thanks for the offer ,its me being lazy I could paint them my self but can't be a-s-d mowerman :good:

Guest mower man

I covered my front and rear arches in CF wrap and was well pleased with the result!

Also, i couldnt help but notice that the same 3M wrap has been used on one of the limited edition Lamborgini Gallardo's! Well if its good enough for Lambo..........

FrontArch1.jpg

RearArch2.jpg

Scott

Looks the poodles doodles how long to to do the cycle wings mower man :good:

Guest mower man

Ive had a few types of carbon wrap for bits and bobs. 3m is the best to work with.

Had some cheap stuff from ebay of late. max autos seems better stuff than others.

If ya need any help give us a shout.

thats the sort of answer i like ,will be intouch mower man :good: