Body Work

Guest michael.lynockm

Guest michael.lynockm

Hi Guys,

Can anyone offer any advice, before I go totally insane? I purchased and fitted the radiator to a new pair of radiator brackets from GBS and then to the chassis frame of my zero. I now find the nose cone will just not fit! Looking at data from a previous forum, the bottom of the nose is hinged to the chassis frame. Mine is short by a couple of inches as the side of the nose butts up against the front-top wishbone supports. I have scoured the net for pictures but none have shown any sort of 'cut-out' for the front wishbone supports. If I were to fit a plate at the base of the nose to support it, I then find the bonnet is a little too short. I have about 3" ground clearance from the radiator bottom hose to the road. Has anyone else had this problem? Or am I doing it totally wrong? Any advice or pictures would be grateful.

Many thanks

Mike

Mike. I think you will find that you will have to cut out the nose cone to fit round the upper wishbones. I am advised that there were 2 different nose cone molds, 1 that allows the nose cone to fit round the upper wishbone and 1 that means you have to cut the nose cone. Like you, I have the latter and I am slowly but surely cutting bits away until it is a good fit. If you have a look at my blog (link below) at the entry for the 9th August, you can see some pictures of me starting to trim away. I still haven't completed it yet but it shows the route I am taking. Hope it helps.

Hi

You do have to trim the nose as David S says. There are two moulds, one will fit over the front, top wishbone bracket, which avoids having to trim the bracket for IVA the other doesn't so don't forget to trim.

Also a point that I know has caught some people out. The rad requires a mod to fit in between the brackets, the front of the rad fits to the brackets, if you fit to the back of the rad the spoiler part of the nose will prevent it going back far enough.

Regards

Guest michael.lynockm

Mike. I think you will find that you will have to cut out the nose cone to fit round the upper wishbones. I am advised that there were 2 different nose cone molds, 1 that allows the nose cone to fit round the upper wishbone and 1 that means you have to cut the nose cone. Like you, I have the latter and I am slowly but surely cutting bits away until it is a good fit. If you have a look at my blog (link below) at the entry for the 9th August, you can see some pictures of me starting to trim away. I still haven't completed it yet but it shows the route I am taking. Hope it helps.

Guest michael.lynockm

Hi

You do have to trim the nose as David S says. There are two moulds, one will fit over the front, top wishbone bracket, which avoids having to trim the bracket for IVA the other doesn't so don't forget to trim.

Also a point that I know has caught some people out. The rad requires a mod to fit in between the brackets, the front of the rad fits to the brackets, if you fit to the back of the rad the spoiler part of the nose will prevent it going back far enough.

Regards

Guest michael.lynockm

Thanks KT for the information. I was loathed to start cutting into the nose if I really didn't have to. The info on the rad mod was intreging, I must check that out when I get time to go down the garage as I was having problems with clearances.

Many thanks.