Tin Top Brake Judder

megadodo

Come on you wizards of all things mechanical, I need some ideas. Given that I'm NOT king of the late breakers I do seem to be plagued by brake judder issues with what ever car I drive lately although on the 2B this seems to be reducing every time I take her out for a spin. My tin top has the real issue though.

I have brake judder, symptomatic of warped disk but it is inconsistent. Some days I don't get it and some days I do? I can "trigger" it by sudden firm braking usually when some artic pulls out on me on the A14 and I would bet my life that a disk is badly warped (they are new disks this year), but under normal pressure nothing. Sometime I can feel it under very light pressure but if I build the pressure slowly it goes away!? Clearly I need to measure the run out but surely if the disk/s were warped the problem would be present under all conditions and circumstances?

e36 coupe i presume then ??

were the pistons ok on the calipers. i has some small pitting on one of mine and a refurb seal kit didnt sort it out.

Outer lower balljoints do cause issues on these. double check amount of brake dust on the wheels for equal consistency though.

Plus what discs are you using. cheaper ones can be a royal pain.

Ive had bmw for a few years now so should be able to help you out here.

heres my old e36 vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

MarcusinBarnsley09.jpg

and my current ride.

newwheelsfurboncar.jpg

E36 coupé, this me on the forum http://www.e36coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=195412

Pistons were fine, the inner lip between the piston seal and the dust cover seal were the only problems (heavy rust) causing sticking caliper, this is fixed, its just this damn judder! I'll be under the car tomorrow for a look and I'll check for run out and dodgy wishbone mounts.

Track control arms! Steering rack to track rod end bits. One had play in it, not much but enough to warrant replacement, no play in the other but as they cost me £6.61 each only it seems pointless not to change the other one as well. I may do the wishbones next month but I did the bit I coud find play in! The brakes judder has gone today, even when I stamped on them, no judder!