Arp Stud Kit

richardm6994

This forum has turned out to be a gold mine of knowledge...........thanks everyone!

One question which has been bugging me............how many times can you use (torque-up) an ARP head stud kit on a ford Pinto engine?

Mine has been torqued-up (head on and off) a few time so far without problems and they are about to be used again..........is this okay?

Guest mower man

As far as I know the only thing to watch for would be waisting or stretching ,measure length as compared to new ones any significant increase indicates replacement .A call to supplier or manuf may be well wort it HTH mowerman

• 2 months later...

I thought this might be of interest to people;

I went through a load of old documents and discovered that over the years, my cylinder head has been taken off 8 times in total. Each time I ended up reusing the same ARP head studs which I originally purchased when I built the engine.. back in 2001.....(each time the studs have been torqued to 95ft/lbs).

Anyway, I decided it was about time for a new ARP head stud kit during this winter's latest cylinder head work.....and they arrived a few weeks ago.

I measured the new studs against the old studs and the biggest "streched" old stud was only +5 thou....

I don't know what the max stretch would be before the stud breaks, but 5 thou is impressive considering how old they are and how many times they've been torqued-up!