Flaming Back Injury From Xmas Presents

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

Hi everyone, not been on for a while, mega busy at work, now in CID, and other family matters. Hope everyone is good and looking forward to Xmas.

I thought I was until I went to pick up a box of xmas presents, only weighed about 2-3kg, must have been at the wrong angle or something, and WHAM, shooting pain down right butt cheek and that was all she wrote! Drs next morning and I now have acute sciatica. 3 lots of tablets and need to keep mobile, yeah right.

The pain is now mainly at base of spine but can't put too much weight on right leg. Pain killers make my arms go all floaty light, really weird, just a shame they can't make my back feel the same, stupid pills. Prior to this I thought I'd be clever and have the wifes Xmas presents delivered to my work so I don't miss the delivery driver, and now I'm not there to collect them. She's gonna be pee'd off a little, lol.

Guest sandy77uk

i used to suffer from that through sport, I was given an exercise by my physio to help, which involved sitting on the edge or something with my legs dangling, then just lowering my head till i felt it, then doing it every day

I have occasional back pain that I put down to crawling around upside down under the dashboards of hundreds of cars while working on them and then leaning into engine bays of the same cars for many years. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the total lack of exercise that I practice or my poor posture that I employ while lounging about, sorry, sat down hard at work! My back care adviser of a wife tells me it's the latter but as she says, I never listen to her properly!

Hope you get well soon Darren! Exercise your arms by lifting approximately 500ml of fluid on a regular basis, while keeping a straight back of course and not leaning on a bar!

Guest bobinspain

Looks out window.

Near horizontal rain.

When [WHEN!!] Zorro returns; well zipped up for a while yet, methinks.

I won't get to see your 'wheeled wonder' Stewart.

MK were busting a gut to try and get my car over pre-Christmas. I told them to 'chill' and go for early new year shipping. Chris would't be able to do any admin' over the break anyway, so 'more haste, less speed' seems the sensible approach..

18c and sunny here. A tad windy though.

Guest The Modfather

I like the sound of that 500ml medicine. Can I get that in all good off licences and other good corner shop establishments?

I thought I'd take some of the strain (no pun intended) and go the Amazon route and get everything delivered. Beats the hell out of queing up for car parks and getting ratty at the tills.

When you think about it, it wasn't too many years ago when you had to go out and get all your presents yourself. But then along comes technology and some smart @rse comes up with what is undoubtedly the best. I think they are a brilliant invention...................wives!