Front Hub Grease Retainer

neil's

Hi

I have just purchased another pair of front up rights from a scrap yard for my zero and they need a new oil/grease retainer as when i stripped them down the bearing seemed to be good and smooth with no pitting but the grease retainer are shot to bits.

I eventually ordered a new pair from my local unhelpful ford dealer who told me they could not source the part as i don't have a registration number as i got them from a scrap yard (rant over) 2 week after ordering they arrived and went to fit them, but they are the wrong size and need to go back to the nice chap at ford. (I think they have ordered rear ones not front) i believe that the car the hubs came off was a 93 plate sierra as i am told by the scrappy with abs sensors on them. the diameter of the original seal is 64mm and the new one that arrived where 70 mm. Does anybody now the part number for this part or know where i can get some from.

Thank in advance for any replies

Ford have discontinued that part.

GBS are making new ones

http://www.kitspares...hp?product=9011

regards

Hi thanks for the reply but its the seal that fits between the hub knuckle and the hub assembly. just wondering if anybody has bought a new wheel bearing kit for one recently, and could measure the seal size and post me the details as i might as well now replace the lot while i am at it