Bay Of E Bargains

Guest big kev

slightly off topic but i bought a cheap computer case and power supply off dabs.com. Don't think i'll ever use them again. To start with their website says 2-4 days delivery and instock. ordered it monday didn't get it til Tues following week. When it arrived the case was as expected so didn't mind that it was a bit flimsy but the powersupply. well iam surprised i didn't electrocute myself. It was buzzing loudly before i turned the computer on (thankfully didn't get that far). so took it out to have a look at and saw the internals hanging down. Was missing two of the five pcb retaiing screws and one of the capacitors had sheared clean off and was rolling around inside. if the board had dropped anymore and touched the outer caseing then everything would go pop or i'd get a nice shock.

Sending it all back and spending a bit more on a decent psu.

Bought the internal bits off Misco as i know i can trust them and everything arrived perfect and on time.

moral of the story not always about price and whilst i do normally go for the cheaper option sometimes it makes more work in the end.

nothing to do with seatbelts. sorry :)