Differences

Guest J-Bond

Hi guys...

someone know the differences between The Zero GT and The Zero ???

because my kit arrives to Chile next week (i ordered in may .... yeap .. more than 9 months ... hey .. this Zero could be my son ... my british son, damn it, my spanish girlfriend will kill me...) ... so .. i ordered in May .. and they offered my .. the entire kit of the LHD Zero Wide Body ...

but .. now they are talking about LHD Zero GT wide body .... so ... do you know the specs of both ???

witch one do you preffer ??? (GT is Gran Turismo .. i know ... sound like the athetic brother of the Zero..) ..

i saw some pictures in the GBS website ... but for me they are the same ... or they look the same ...

and in kitspares.co.uk .. i saw a "manual" .. with the boot pannels, but i don't really thing... the only difference is the Gas tank and some pannels in the trunk ...

could some one explain me the differences ... please

kind regards

Alvaro

Edited by J-Bond

Thanks

my kit arrives to the sea port in San Antonio this 11th of february ...

from that day .. i will start building the kit...

now i'm buying the last tools and preparing the zone ..

regards

be prepared to ring GBS alot to get parts that aren't included in the complete kit :lol:

So agree with that!!

Although ringing them gets expensive from another country be prepaired for the lack of response to emails, they can take anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks to respond if you are lucky, even then they probably wont answer the question.

Dave

So, by all means give your experiences, but to prejudge the experience others might have, is inappropriate.

Hi Stewart,

I am genuinely pleased that your experiences with GBS has been a good one, however we can’t all be the same, maybe if I had the car built by GBS it would be a different story.

As for prejudging the experiences of others its not a case of prejudging, I am actually in contact with Alvaro and I know he has had the same frustrations as I am having, let’s face it 9 months to deliver….please.

As an optimist I always see the best in everyone which is why its has taken me so long to start to vent, this may be the only way I can get it off my chest and move forward with my build.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Boffy, I have to agree, being on the other side of the planet allows them to get away with murder. Perhaps thay have not forgiven the convicts for turning out better than the stock :D

It is frustrating to read in this forum how folk can get their issues resolved by a quick visit to the factory, and as you say even calling by phone is a mission for us. Spain is only 1 hour different from the UK, so it is not all that difficult to give them a call and get things sorted.

Having said that it would appear that GBS have their good days and their bad days - knowing which way they are swinging is the trick.

BTW, Where is the build manual?

Guest Hammy360

:rofl: Reminds me of my early comments on this site when I started my build BUT I learnt my lesson about voicing my experiences LOL.

Fear not though the build is great but allow yourself time (based on your experiences so far) to take all this into account. Easy for me to say I know as Im nearly on the road, but getting pi++ed off got me no where but stressed.

JUST ENJOY THE build mate

Guest sandy77uk

i don't think to this day I've ever had an issue sorted out on the first phone call and its frustrating to be told "can you call back tomorrow" and when you do call back tomorrow you get "sorry he's gone to the other side/in a meeting/on the bog" rather than "I'll get him to call you when he's back"

Something as simple as the door screens were missing 12 of the 16 bolts needed took 3 calls

top tip, if you do need to ring, don't ask for Keith or Richard, they are running the company so are usually really really busy, Simon is usually flat out on cars so you're best bet is Ben for advice, Ruth for photos and John for parts, you can usually get them on the first go

Edited by sandy77uk