Neg Camber On Rear Wheels

Guest mustang

Guest ant.b

hi

i think youll need the camber wedges, to level them out , as the rear wheels sit a lot lower than on the sierra, think big jim is the man to speak to , about where you can get them , some members were making there own, or post in the wanted section , sure someone will have a spare set?

ant :blink:

rizla

whats up mate you going soft or what?

It's not bothered you in the past.

Are those other naughty boys on the group finally getting to you?

Not long now.

I had a weeks holiday last week and while away you announce the imminent arrival of your "Blue" baby.

ATB

swan

Guest rizla
:lol: oh ok if you insist swan,a company called rs jigtec in birmingham can make these spacers they cost £25 diy or they will fit them for you.....i feel much better now swan :p

kevin

basically speaking the spacer is the same profile as the rear wheel hub casting.

It is approx. 6mm thick at the top and 3mm at the bottom.

some one will have the exact size

hth

swan

Guest Phil Slater

I used the Hub casting to make a cardboard template and then was lucky enough to find a bloke in a machine shop where I work who, for a "rabbit", ;) ;) ;) (two jars of Nescafe :rolleyes: ), used some sort of super computerised "nibbler" to cut out the profile and holes for the four bolts. I then had to file and belt sand the taper onto the spacers. What a slog that was :( :blink: trying to ensure the taper was uniform all across the spacer.

Personally I reckon £25 for a pair of spacers from RSjigtec is bloody bargain, particularly if you haven't got access to machine shop facilities, and you'll have to cut out and drill the profile by hand. In retrospect I don't think it's worth the effort -but, at that time, ready made spacers were not availalble, so I had no option. There have been plenty of other opportunities to get my hands dirty and feel at one with the build and my car - and no doubt there will be others :wacko: - but for £25 - buy the buggers :D

In my humble opinion anyway ;)

Phil Slater

Hi Kevin,

I recently bought a set from RS Jigtec, they cost £25 + p/p + vat = £36.

They are 6mm at the top and 3mm at the bottom, made of steel so need painting to stop rusting.

They straighten the wheels up nicely on my Series III.

Nigel.

post-7-1083267927.jpg

Guest mikerj

How do you address the issue of the face that the bolt heads clamp onto being at an angle to the bolt head? Suerly you would need angled washers under the bolt heads to ensure proper clamping?