Alternator Mount - Pinto In A Zero

Guest aidankinnell

Guest aidankinnell

Hi, I've got myself a little Nippon denso alternator but I'm struggling on how I get it mounted without fouling the steering shaft. I've tried both the standard sierra mount and the smaller alloy version (might be from a Capri?). Neither works, the alternator still touches the steering.

Anyone got any thoughts?

I've seen this on eBay, appreciate the bolts holes to the engine might need redrilling to fit the pinto. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=390356445377

Thanks

Aidan

Sorry 2B not zero, but what I did was to get a piece of 8mm plate and drill two sets of holes one to fit it to engine and a second set higher up to mount the alternator bracket where I needed it. It was still a squeeze between steering shaft and manifold but I did fit standard alt.

Jez

Guest jasonmorris

Mine very slightly fouled on the steering when turning into left handers. Luckily it was only slightly and was the cast bolt hole on the alternator casing, so Dan ground a very small radius into it while my car was at his, problem solved.