Mot Panic

spg

I've taken the week off work to get a few odd jobs out of the way, One of which is getting the 2B back on the road. So barring a new set of number plates (legal ones) she good to go. Popped round to my local mot station to book an mot for Thursday and it's to low to go on his ramps ! OK second chap 100 yrd down the road same story.

So does anyone know a 2b friendly mot station in South Manchester in the M33 ost code would be even better

Cheers

Steve

Guest MarkB

I've taken the week off work to get a few odd jobs out of the way, One of which is getting the 2B back on the road. So barring a new set of number plates (legal ones) she good to go. Popped round to my local mot station to book an mot for Thursday and it's to low to go on his ramps ! OK second chap 100 yrd down the road same story.

So does anyone know a 2b friendly mot station in South Manchester in the M33 ost code would be even better

Cheers

Steve

ring vosa, they may have a list of test stations that use pits instead of ramps, alternativly look for test stations that do class 7's aswell as class4's, most of these have flat access ramps

Guest ant.b

i have struggled to get on ramps for the mot.... but my test station uses planks to get on/off

if they want the business, they will help

too true , the one i use in stockport has 2 steel ramps so i can get mine on although i do have to reverse on to the lift !

Don't think they want the business I offerd to take some scaffold planks round to lift the car up but the first chap said he did'nt want to be messed about so business must be good for him. Funny thing is he wont do my jeep either as it's to big !. Getting the impression he's more intrested in putting the fails right so he can earn some big bucks which he ain't going to get from me.

Steve

Thanks everyone found a garage in Sale Town centre round the back of the kings ransom, Autotech. He's got two place's one in Sale Moor speaclising in BMW and the one in Sale that does the mot's and general car stuff. Top bloke he races a BMW and had the lap record at oulton park for a few years. I even got an invite for a few laps next time he's practicing :-).

Now the bad news didn't even get to the garage stopped for some gogo juice half way there. Two quids worth in notice most of it's on the floor and the rest is in the boot.

Pay for the juice push the car off to the side phone to cancel the MOT and wait for the petrol to evaporate before setting off home.

Turn the last corner before home and the engine cuts out and fails to restart, Couple of neigbours push me home :-(

So two problems now.

Notice the fuel pump wasn't buzzing quick run round with the AVO no eleccy to the pump, a light bulb moment reset the bump switch and she's alive phew.

Now for the fuel leak why the F*** did I put so many bolts in the the tank cover and in such awkward places.

Turns out the concertina rubber tube had perish and split, Must admit I never thought it was up to the job.

So into the scrap pile dig out the orignal fuel filler from the sierra made a few brackets and I've now got a filler cap in the boot fingers crossed this will get me threw the test.

Just finish modifing the cover and bolting it back on and again thinking why the F*** did I put so many bolts in the the tank cover and in such awkward places.

So try again tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve

whey hay passed.

Taxed Insured MOT'd and sat in the garage out of the rain.

Bit of a problem with the electrics though.

Broke down twice durring the test.

Steve