Speedo Cable

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

Hi all Im after a speedo cable for a sierra, standard clocks and pox, with pinto

Where's the best place to get 1 from, any specific 1 I need thanks

if you have original clocks etc id say a standard one.

i got one made up from speedy cables for my sierra box to etb clocks. cable was cheap but postage wasnt.

there are other places out there who do custom ones.

Guest sadjagboy

I would advise against buying a cheap aftermarket one, I did and it would not work properly, ended up refitting the old one to get the car usable, although the needle is not stable so will have to replace during the winter. Speedy Cables looks like a reasonable option.

Guest danny_samb

Sorry to be a pain but what ends do I need on it, is there 1 I can just buy off eBay or from a motor factors, there are so many don't know what I need

places like speedy cables will know what ends if you tell them what clocks yo uhave and what gearbox you have and youll be fine.

but as ive said if its all the original stuff then the ford dealers would be the place to go

I would advise against buying a cheap aftermarket one, I did and it would not work properly, ended up refitting the old one to get the car usable, although the needle is not stable so will have to replace during the winter. Speedy Cables looks like a reasonable option.

If the speedo needle is bouncing there is too tight a bend in the cable. Try re-routing with a more gentle curvature.

The speedo cable internals are square section, so just replacing without re-routing will not solve your problem.

Guest danny_samb

The outer shield on my cable has melted routed to close to manifold so im guessing the inside will be damaged that's why I'm after a new cable, or do you think the inside will be fine

that's what i use. If you're getting one from speedy cables it might be worth getting one that's longer, depending on how you route it. Mine goes out of the gearbox, in the the drivers footwell under the carpet, up the bottom of the footwell under a false floor, up and round to the clocks, which is a gentle enough radius.

Guest Ian & Carole

Rule of thumb with speedo cable is.............. no curve tighter than a "basket ball"............... or you are likly to have needle jump and regular cable failure.

I have a standard sierra speedo cable, normal length was working perfectly when removed from the donor vehicle. Yours for a £10 plus P&P if you access to paypal but I cant post until Saturday