Insurance - Parts Only Or Not ?

Guest david_l_perry

Guest david_l_perry

I am picking up my first Hood in a couple of weeks....YeeHaaa...cant wait :)

Just looking around at insurance....

Adrian Flux comes in at £160

Frank pickles comes in at around £147 as long as I select "Parts Only" otherwise its £210

Now Is it worth saving a £13 and going parts only.....My gut reaction is to go with Flux as I feel it is probably better value

Dave

Guest mower man

Its swings and roundabouts I was very happy with flux at first but in 4/5 years premiums doubled and they were very much take it or p--s off so I did never paid more than 125 ish now at 91 [parts only] with Mr Pickles and happy mower man

Guest david_l_perry

I save £70 parts only if i only look at framk pickles price, but thats because his initial price is £210. Adrian flux being £160 makes the difference only £10. Now, ask yourself if its worth going parts only if the saving is only £10.

Guest david_l_perry

Agree entirely. If its a big gap perhaps, but as insurance for these is relatively cheap anyway it makes little sense if the worst happens.

You only know if its worth it after the event....!

Booked my insurance with adrian flux in the end at £160 for Myself and Mrs P

Happy days and roll on the arrival of the hood !

• 1 month later...

Here is your answer. my car has just been crashed parts come to £930 car is cost effective to repair but labour costs are £3-4000 to make good repairs so car will definately be written off. what kit car owner would let someone rebuild their car to only a cosmetic standard? Not me! I am doing it myself. So i keep my car.