Hi All , Newbie Just Starting Out , Question About Donor Car .

Guest airevalley

Guest airevalley

Hi All .

I have bought a project ( prob not for the faint hearted ) a 2B , it has a rs2000 engine that seems ok , just managed to get it running , All the body panels need replacing except bonnet .

It has all the running gear in place , that looks o.k .

The wiring was a complete disaster and has now been taken off .

So I now have a frame with engine/gearbox and suspension . I need a doner wiring loom ( obv I was thinking sierra ) ,

Now , I have a vauxhall Corsa scrap but complete ,

Anyone any reasons why I cant use the corsa ?

Has anyone used the heater etc from a corsa ?

I dont need the wiring for the engine , thats easy to sort , just the light and clocks etc .

Thanks in advance ( will try to upload a photo just to show you what I bought )

ta john

to be honest, creating a bespoke loom isnt as daunting as it seems, pen and paper are the best tools for the beginning of the job, write down the circuits you need to the front, rear, engine bay and dash, draw the loom out, add at least 2 spare circuits to the front and rear (trust me you will forget at least one needed circuit) spares are handy for future add ons..

pop your location in your profile, someone may live close to you who can drink your tea, eat your biscuits and give some pointers.

Guest airevalley

Hi Baz , thanks for that ,

I will have to get my car if a far better condition than what it is at the minute before I let anyone see it , its a bit of a pup at the moment .

I couldnt face all you guys showing off there shiny good builds .

Maybe one day though

lol

ta john

John, as CMA said, if you are in our area come along to a meet for a chat. We have members still building and will gladly help you . Not many venture out in their cars at this time of year but we still get together for a natter. Are you in the Airevalley?

Baz