Headlight Deflectors

Guest Mark P

Guest Mark P

With Only 3 weeks or so before Le Mans I thought it was about time I asked the question that is playing on my mind.

I have 5 3/4 seal beam headlight units. I read everywhere that you must put headlamp adjusters on, but when I look at the light units I can't figure out where they go (if they can even be fitted) Most cars I see have lines on the lenses that line up with the adjusters but the sealed beams have lines everywhere :huh:

Any one out there know what the deal is with sealed beams.

Any advice wold be great.

Mark

Is it possible for you to photograph the front of a lamp and post it on here. Perhaps someone can draw the relevant section onto your photo.

On a similar note, it's ages since I drove in Europe. What are the other rules and regs, apart from "drive on the right"?

Ant

Guest ian luxford
I believe in France you must have a fire extinguisher a spare set of bulbs

and a first aid kit 

i think the extinguisher is recommended going to be all my boot space taken up otherwise!!

Guest TerryBarry

According to the AA

Warning triangle and headlight adjustment are compulsory

Spare bulbs ; First Aid kit & Fire Extinguisher are recommended.

Fuller Details here AA

Terry

Guest Battery Bill

Ian

i think the extinguisher is recommended going to be all my boot space taken up otherwise!!

You can get them really small to fit in the cockpit :D £12 at Stoneleigh :D

Guest ian luxford

bill

You can get them really small to fit in the cockpit  £12 at Stoneleigh 

should of guessed you would know a way to maximise this the boot space! :p

Argos do them for about the same price, Here. I have fastened it to the diagonal tube which braces the dash top tube, on the passenger side in my 2B. This means it's just visible when sitting in the car, it's on the cooler side of the car, easily reached, and out of sight to any passers by who fancy setting it off for a laugh!

Any clever ideas on where to store a jack on a 2B?

Ant

Guest Battery Bill

What type of jack?

I would have thought you could fit it under the bonnet somewhere it would be easy enough to make up some sort of bracket.

Don't put it in your boot "That takes up valuable space" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmmm - interesting. No pattern what so ever! Ok, here's an alternative approach. At night, park the car in front of a wall or garage door or some such and put the headlights on. Then simply mask out the bits on the headlamps so that no light goes out to the left of the vehicle's width. Then mask out so that nothing on the left goes above the horizontal from the headlamps to the wall. A bit of trial and error with some masking tape should do the job.

Ant