Hose Blew Off

kevin the chicken

Hi,

Currently trying to sort out my Redtop series 7 but with little success. Last time I took it for a short test run I just got it home when the bottom hose blew off spilling another load of expensive coolant in the garage. I have no idea how how hot it was as the temperature gauge wasn't working but would have thought if it was too hot then the rad cap should have blown first, maybe I just hadn't tightened the clip up enough? The radiator has been flushed so there is no blockage there, could there be an obstruction anywhere else? Thermostat not working?

Ironically although I didn't notice the fan running when the hose blew off it is running all the time today even though the engine hasn't been started and there is still no water in it. Cleaned all the connectors up and it didn't make any difference.

Think I may have found the problem with the temp gauge but now the wipers are not working.

Please somebody cheer me up with some answers!

Kevin

Guest peter2b2002

might have been the wrong type of hose clamp? could have been worse could have been miles from home,

yesterday I was moving some hestons(big hay bales 1/2 + ton each) when one of the hoses that go to the lift cylinders on the loader blew out of it's fitting spewing oil all over the screen, boy did that make me jump

peter2b

if a hose blows off its either cos it hasn't been fitted correctly or a possibility of pressure in the water system,could be air lock or worst case head gasket pressuring the water jacket..exactly whats up with my van as it happens