Company Car Replacement

Guest Lowlife

Guest Kennedy48

I work for Nissan manufacturing and they offer their cars to lease if you are perminant. I commented in this post to really say that I wish I got a car I ddnt have to pay for. I did say it was a lease car. But I said as I pay a low amount for the car I get stung by the government as having a complay car. But I don't have a company car as I have a lease car. After checking my tax code with friends who also have lease cars their tax code is low also than others who dot have lease cars.

It's because our government have the idea that if you save a few quid, they want there tax from it, I used to pay healthcare for staff, stopped doing it when hmrc wanted it back in tax off the poor buggers

Company car tax sucks! I pay that much in car tax that I sometimes think I'd be better off getting a loan and buying my own car! That way at least something is mine after all the monthly payments! Not to mention I only get 14p a mile fuel allowance because its a company car! That doesn't even cover my fuel!

For your budget I would say the Lexus ct is a good all round choice. Starts at £22k & only 10% BIK....that's only £52 a month if your a lower rate tax payer or £103 if you're a high rate!

I think it's one of the more stylish of the hybrids even though it only get about 42mpg.

My advise is to go hybrid because the car does not belong to you yet you are paying a monthly bill for it!