Normandy, France, September 2013

steve in stockport

I'm planning a trip to Normandy, France for the last week in September, Saturday 21st until Saturday 28th.

I've provisionally booked the gite in the link below

Gite

Ideally we need 14 people to fill the gite and already have 8 definite and 2 to confirm, so there is space for another 4 to 6 people.

However the occupancy could be expanded if people are interested and are willing to share a room, as a couple of the rooms will sleep 4 and two sleep 3.

Cost of the gite is £1195 for the week, so for 14 that works out at £86 per person, Dover - Calais ferry on the above dates looks to be about £80. Then there is your food, drink and fuel.

We'll be visiting the D Day beaches, Honfleur, Caen, Bayeaux as well as a few blats round the countryside, ask anybody who went to the Somme and they'll say it was like being in big brother living with people you only know through your car, but great fun.

If you're interested post on here or get in touch with me.

• 3 weeks later...

This is coming together nicely, three cars going Dover- Calais either by ferry or tunnel and three cars going Portsmouth to Caen.

Just a couple left to decide on their choice of crossing.

Those going are

Steve and Laura

Chris and Carol

Derek and Marilyn

Kevin and Gayle

Bob and Sylvia

Brian and Jo

David S

Pete Ray (still to confirm)

Peter, I've spoken to the owners and there is no problem in terms of room for 3 adults to share the triple room.

So if Frank wants to come and is ok sharing a room with you and David he is welcome to join us.

I'll just need your deposits. Have you received the emails so that you know where people are up to with ferry bookings etc?

Chris, good to hear you have your overnights sorted out.