Sierra Standard Wheels

Guest tom-zero

Guest tom-zero

hi

im after some standard sierra wheels to put my car onto whilst building it, i see there are some in the for sale area but they are a bit far away has anyone in or near kent got any i could have/buy

thanks Tom

Be careful using standard wheel whilst building firstly they wont fit the front without fouling the wheel arch supports second on the back they wont give an accurate idea about where to fix the rear arches.

One way round both problems would be 20mm spacers to take the offset down from 35 to the required 15 but you would then need to fit longer studs which would then need to be changed for the proper wheels later.

The above account is what I did and i'm not happy with my rear arches and stud changing is a pain. If I was doing it again I'd get the proper wheels on in the first place.

I have a set of wheels on the back garden but I'm nowhere near Kent I've now sold the spacers.

Ozz

The above is why I have fitted (at the front at least) my final wheels and removed the build wheels. When someone wants the steels ill put the final wheels on the back as well.

If you are struggling to find some wheels I can look at courier for my steels? Think paisley freight do a set of 4 for about £30

re-thinking my above post.

Build wheels are a good idea if you don't have the money for your final wheels (which I didn't) or are clumsy and don't have much space (like me).

If your going to the scrappy for wheels get the ones from a peugeot/citroen not a sierra as ET15 is the peugeot offset with the same bolt pattern as ford. (I think that's right).

so there's more options to think about.

Ozz

Guest tom-zero

im really in two minds about it at the moment i think my parents have agreed to extend my loan lol so i can get it on the ground but it may be better to spend the wheel money on a gearbox and get old wheels i will have to have a think about it, so if i get some 4 stud peugeot fitment wheels they should bolt straight on with no problems ? if i go down this route i would get correct wheels b4 doing rear wings.